Clerk of Works (Site Inspector)
We are an award winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy, solving property and construction challenges worldwide.
We have a proven track record of nurturing and developing talent and over the past 40 years we have worked hard to create an environment that is innovative and fun as well as empowering and progressive. We demonstrate our values in the achievement of our goals and we have a vibrant, energetic and caring way in which we do this.
We’re introducing this new role to join our expanding Public Sector Regeneration team within our Consultancy division in order to maintain the consistently high standard of quality control and supervision that we provide to our clients which we pride ourselves on.
- You pride yourself on your impeccable attention to detail.
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator, both written and verbal, with effective interpersonal skills.
- You understand the need for business development and networking and have the ability to think commercially.
- You have a natural diplomacy to deal with challenging situations in a firm but fair manner.
- You have the ability to work effectively using your own initiative and manage tasks effectively.
- You’re an effective decision-maker and an excellent team player.
- You’ll be liaising with clients and attending meetings as necessary with contractors and clients to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the contract.
- You’ll be responsible for preparing concise progress reports from site inspectors in a timely manner.
- You’ll ensure that any witness tests and inspections are carried out in a timely manner and do not cause unnecessary delay.
- You’ll ensure that records are kept of the project progress during the construction phase so that any issues can be adequately addressed by the Employer / Project Manager.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring that all necessary building elements have been tested and commissioned prior to handover and that the property is made available to the end user in a clean condition.
- You’ll be assisting the Employer as necessary to resolve an construction related issues.
- You’ll ensure excellent client relationships are maintained and opportunities for further or new work gained.
- You’ll be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation and developments in construction.
- Assisting in promoting sustainable thinking to our clients and have a basic level of understanding as to how to integrate sustainable thinking into our projects.
- You have a recognised qualification (ICWCI or similar would be preferable) and/or a minimum of 5 years experience as a Clerk or Works, Site Manager or Site Inspector.
- You have a basic Mechanical & Electrical working knowledge.
- You have solid knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages and the ability to learn and utilize specific software required for the role ( e.g. preparing regular reports, including uploading photos).
- You have a good working knowledge of all mobile communication devices and software ( mobile phones, tablets, etc) and the ability to read and understand working drawings.
- You have a full current driver’s licence.
- You already have the Right to Work in the UK and do not require sponsorship.
In return for your commitment and hard work, John Rowan and Partners offers the following:
- Competitive salary.
- Car allowance.
- Generous employer pension contribution.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Annual performance related bonus up to 15% of base salary.
- 25 days holiday entitlement + 1 non-contractual day to be taken in birthday month.
- Long service awards at 5-year increments.
- Life assurance.
- Flexible working.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Online retail discounts.
- Cycle scheme
- Tech scheme.
- Charity day.
John Rowan and Partners is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.