Senior Building Surveyor
We are an award winning, multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy, solving property and construction challenges worldwide.
We have a proven track record of nurturing and developing talent and over the past 40 years we have worked hard to create an environment that is innovative and fun as well as empowering and progressive. We demonstrate our values in the achievement of our goals and we have a vibrant, energetic and caring way in which we do this.
We’re introducing this exciting role to join our vibrant and expanding Building Surveying team to carry out a variety of building surveying work on a broad mixture of residential and public sector properties.
- You have a passion for developing yourself and others.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You enjoy working with external stakeholders of all levels.
- You have a client focused approach with the ability to identify client benefits.
- You’re a strong believer in inter-departmental collaboration.
- You have a natural curiosity to seek out and deliver better working practices and efficiency initiatives.
- You’ll be managing instructions and projects.
- You’ll be responsible for collating and writing reports.
- You’ll be contributing to the team’s skill base developing efficient working practices.
- You’ll be collaborating and managing external stakeholders in order to understand and fulfil the client’s needs.
- You’ll be managing client projects and looking for opportunities for new client development.
- You’ll be producing tender documents including specifications, preambles and preliminaries using NBS or similar packages.
- You’ll be proactive in identifying risks with robust mitigation strategies.
- You’ll be producing management reports and communicating progress and forecasts to the client team, including all pre and post contract management duties.
- You’ll be attending sites, as well as internal and external client facing meetings.
- You’ll be aware of and keep up to date with relevant legislation which affects the properties managed by our clients.
- Assisting in promoting sustainable thinking to our clients and have a basic level of understanding as to how to integrate sustainable thinking into our projects.
- You are a fully Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS), with a minimum of two years post qualification experience OR;
- You have a Building Surveying degree awarded by a UK university accredited by the RICS.
- You have demonstrable experience of technical due diligence surveys.
- You have a solid understanding and demonstrable experience in defect diagnosis and planned maintenance schedules.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in party wall and neighbourly advice.
- You have demonstrable experience of writing building condition reports and schedules of condition.
- You have demonstrable experience of advising owners and occupiers on maintenance and statutory responsibilities.
- A solid understanding of contract administration.
- You will have knowledge and experience of delivering fire safety and building safety projects.
- You are proficient in AutoCAD with a good working knowledge in all Microsoft Office packages.
- You have a full clean driving license.
In return for your commitment and hard work, John Rowan and Partners offers the following:
- Competitive salary.
- Car allowance.
- Generous employer pension contribution.
- Private medical healthcare.
- Annual performance related bonus up to 15% of base salary.
- 25 days holiday entitlement + 1 non-contractual day to be taken in birthday month.
- Long service awards at 5-year increments.
- Life assurance.
- Flexible working.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Online retail discounts.
- Cycle scheme
- Tech scheme.
- Charity day.
To apply, please click on “Apply for this job” to submit your most up to date CV.
John Rowan and Partners is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Recruitment Agencies / Recruitment Consultants – We have a preferred Supplier List (PSL) in place. Therefore, we will not be accepting any unsolicited CV’s or candidates by way of introduction resulting in liability for an introduction fee from any supplier outside our PSL in relation to this vacancy.